To send a message simply fill out the form below.
Enquiry from Online Galleries regarding "A large enamelled ormolu figural mantel clock by H. Picard and Denière & Fils"
|If you do NOT want to receive newsletters from us regarding the antiques trade, please UNCHECK this box.|
To send this page to a friend, fill out the form below..
Look at what I found on the Online Galleries website!
Depicting a full length female figure draped in robes, reclining on a chaise longue with the circular dial set into the raised section on the left side, the chaise longue on four legs and raised on a profiled platform with similar decoration, stamped twice to the underside of the draped robe.
Henri Picard was recorded to be working in Paris at 6 rue Jarente in 1831 and moved to 10 rue de la Perle in 1839. He was celebrated for casting and gilding decorative objects to a very high quality. He worked for the firm Defreville and collaborated with contemporary designers such as Charles Perrault and Grault, supplying Emperor Napoleon III with decorative objects, several of which are still in the State Apartment of the Louvre museum, Paris.
Established by Jean-François Denière in 1804, by the time his son Guillaume took over in 1844, Denière & fils were producing a variety of high quality decorative bronzes from workshops at 9, rue d'Orléans au Marais and had a magasin de bronze et dorures, at 15 rue Vivienne, Paris. Awarded fornisseurs de Roi, Denière supplied various objets d'art to Napoleon III at the Tuileries including two pairs of 'Three Graces' candelabra for the Palais-Royal service in 1854 and '55 (see M.F. Dupuy-Baylet, Les bronzes du mobilier national 1800-1870 - L'heure, le feu, la lumière, Paris, 2010, no. 166, pp. 304-5). In addition to supplying important commissions to the Mobilier de la Couronne, Deniére's customers included Count Pavel Dmitrievich Kiseleff, the Russian Ambassador, Said Pasha, the viceroy of Egypt and, as testified by the present garniture, King Leopold II of Belgium. Following Guillaume Denière's death the firm closed and six sales of stock were held between February and December 1903.
|Height||44.00 cm||(17.32 inches)|
|Width||56.00 cm||(22.05 inches)|
|Depth||26.00 cm||(10.24 inches)|