A Pair of Sully Lamp Bases
A Pair of Sully Lamp Bases

A Pair of Sully Lamp Bases

000 France

Offered by Timothy Langston


To browse more Antique Lighting click here

To see more from this dealer click here

A pair of painted lamp bases of vase form, the bodies with deep carving and set upon an octagonal socle.

The name of this lamp base is taken from the Château de Sully which is situated on the eastern side of the Loire valley. The château is famous for its wide moats, high towers and pepper pot roofs. Originally this was the grand manor for the Dukes of Sully. Maximilien de Béthune, first duke of Sully (1560 - 1641) was the right hand man to Henry IV of France. Sully was pivotal in the building of centralised administration in France.

The painted surface of these lamp bases imitates the colour and texture of stone from the Loire region.

Height 13.00 inch (33.02 cm)
Stock Code
Painted Wood
Timothy Langston

Timothy Langston
20A Pimlico Road

Contact Details
+ 44 (0)20 7823 4900
+ 44 (0)7956 287 706
Email Dealer More Contact Details
View Dealer Location
Member Since 2013
Members of
View Full Details