A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium
A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium

A Tournai Plate Probably From The Bettignies Factory At Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium

1800 to 1815 Belgium

Offered by MG Ceramics

£1,250 gbp
Request Information Call Dealer
Listing Information
Views
47
Enquiries
0
Favourites
1
A Tournai plate probably from the Bettignies factory at Saint- Armand Les-Eau Belgium

Decorated using a lovely diaper or blue Gingham ground, similar to the ones found with the Prince de Conde hunting services at Chantilly, the central panel depicts a boat with three figures onboard pulling in to moor at a fishing town, a crenellated tower, buildings and other sailing masts in the rear, the panel surrounded by six vignettes of hovering birds, all holding sprigs or grasses

Effaced Tournai mark to the rear

24.5 cm diameter
Excellent
Tournai soft porcelin was established in 1750 by Peterinck. In 1752 one hundred workmen were employed, which in 1762 increased to as many as two hundred. For some time previous to 1815 the works were carried on by M. Maximilian de Bettignies, who, in conequence of the annexation of Tornai to Belgium, ceded it in that year to his brother Henri and established another at St. Amand-les-Eaux. Soft paste which had been discontinued many years in every other fabrique in France, was still made at both places, and they consequently produced the closest imitations of old Sevres pate tendres.
Medium
Porcelain
MG Ceramics

MG Ceramics
25 Bishops Drive
Salisbury
Wiltshire
SP2 8NZ
United Kingdom

Contact Details
07581204336
-
-
07581204336
Email Dealer More Contact Details
Opening Hours
Contacts
Member Since 2014
View Full Details