Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846
Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846
Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846
Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846
Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846
Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846

ROBERT GARRARD II, LONDON (worked 1818-1881)

Antique Pair English Silver Sauce Boats, Robert Garrard 1846

1846 England

Offered by Regent Antiques

£2,850 gbp
Request Information Call Dealer
Favourite Item
This is a wonderful pair of English antique silver sauceboats. They have hallmarks for London 1846 and the makers mark of the celebrated silversmith to the crown Robert Garrad.

There is no mistaking their unique quality and design, which is sure to make them a treasured piece by any discerning collector.

They have wonderful embossed decoration and are raised on elegant feet.

Condition:
In excellent condition with clear hallmarks and no dings, dents or signs of repair. Please see photos for confirmation.

Dimensions in cm:
Height 13 x Width 22 x Depth 10
Weight 32 troy oz

Dimensions in inches:
Height 5.1 x Width 8.7 x Depth 3.9
Weight 1.00 kg

Garrard & Company

Founder of the firm was John Wickes in 1722. In 1802 Robert Garrard (senior) took the control of the firm active in Panton Street, Haymarket, London. In 1818 he was succeed by his three eldest sons, Robert Garrard Jr, James Garrard and Sebastian Garrard trading as R, J & S. Garrard. The firm became R. & S. Garrard in 1835, R. & S. Garrard & Co in 1843 and Garrard & Co Ltd in 1909. In 1952 the firm was amalgamated with Goldsmiths & Silversmiths Co Ltd.

Garrard merged with the jewellery firm Asprey in 1998 to become Asprey & Garrard, moving from 112 Regent Street to premises on New Bond Street. Asprey & Garrard was bought by Prince Jefri Bolkiah, a younger brother of the Sultan of Brunei, in 1995, and later acquired by private investors Lawrence Stroll and Silas Chou in 2000. The company demerged in 2002, with Garrard returning to the Albemarle Street site it first occupied in 1911. Garrard was acquired by the US private equity firm Yucaipa Cos. in 2006, ending its partnership with Asprey.

Garrard was crown jeweller since 1735 when George Wickes was appointed as goldsmith to the Prince of Wales. The 19th century continued with a succession of famous commissions for Royalty and in 1843 Queen Victoria bestowed the honour of Crown Jeweller on the company. Garrard has served six successive monarchs. On 15 July 2007 an announcement was made in the Court Circular, under Buckingham Palace, that Garrard & Co's services as crown jeweller were no longer required, with the reason cited being that it was simply 'time for a change'. G. Collins and Sons were appointed the new Crown Jewellers.

Our reference: 08672
Dimensions
Height 13.00 cm (5.12 inches)
Width 22.00 cm (8.66 inches)
Depth 10.00 cm (3.94 inches)
Stock Code
08672
Regent Antiques

Regent Antiques
Manor Warehouse
318 Green Lanes
London
N4 1BX

Contact Details
+44 (0)20 8802 3900
-
+44 (0)7836 294074
-
Email Dealer More Contact Details
Opening Hours
Contacts
View Dealer Location
Member
Members of
View Full Details