To send a message simply fill out the form below.
Enquiry from Online Galleries regarding "The Hospital of the Knights of St. John, Bethlehem Road, Jerusalem: Moonlight"
|If you do NOT want to receive newsletters from us regarding the antiques trade, please UNCHECK this box.|
To send this page to a friend, fill out the form below..
Look at what I found on the Online Galleries website!
- Bought from the artist, thence by descent
- R. Cork, David Bomberg, New Haven and London, 1987, pp.146-152
- Gill Polonsky, "David Bomberg", Modern British Masters Series, Vol.II, Bernard Jacobson Ltd., London 1990, ill.1.
- New York, Hirschl & Adler, The British Imagination, 1990, no.13, p.39 (illustrated)
- Bernard Jacobson Gallery, London, David Bomberg, November 1990
- Bernard Jacobson Gallery, London, David Bomberg, 5th March-1st April, 1999
Bomberg went to Jerusalem in April 1923. He kept a studio above the roof-tops, which allowed him to paint panoramic views of the city, and he soon became fascinated with the idea of painting by the light of the moon.
|Height||4537.00 cm||(1786.22 inches)|
|Width||55.90 cm||(22.01 inches)|