The Coalport factory was established in Shropshire by John Rose in the 1790's.
In 1899 John Rose & Co. became a limited liability company under its new owner Peter Bruff. The new title which was adopted included the old name.
The basic printed marks were not amended and the products are discussed under the general heading "Coalport" or John Rose & Co in reference books.
Note that from c.1891 the word 'England" was added. This became 'Made in England' in about 1920.
In 1926 production was moved to the Staffordshire Potteries, and in 1951 the trade style was amended to the simpler "Coalport China Ltd."