Cox & Yeman
The Billiard table manufacturers Cox and Yeman, was established in the 1850's and by 1873 was trading from premises at 184 Brompton Road, London. Famed for the quality of their tables they are recorded as supplying important patrons such as the Duke of Wellington, the Duke of Richmond and the King of Siam.
They were also noted as suppliers of Billiard tables for the War Office and the Admiralty, supplying the far flung outposts of the Empire and producing 'Tables and Lamps made expressly for India and Extreme Climates'.
In 1876 the partnership was dissolved but the company continued to trade successfully under the Cox and Yeman name, under the direction of Henry Cox, until finally closing in 1910.