Georges Emile Henri Servant (1828-1890) took over his fathers foundry and workshop at 137, rue Vieille-du-Temple, Paris, in 1855. He specialised in the production of Egyptian and Greek revival styles.
He exhibited at many of the international exhibitions of the period including the 1855 Paris Universal Exhibition and at London in 1862, where he was praised for the high quality of his work. His success was confirmed at the 1867 Paris Universal Exhibition where he was awarded a gold medal for his neo-Greek and Egyptian models.
In 1874 he was awarded France s highest honour the Ordre national de la Legion d Honneur .