Handley & Moore
Handley and Moore of Clerkenwell Close, London were fine and well-known makers of clocks working from 1798 until the death of Handley in 1824 after which John Moore continued alone. The partnership mainly made pieces for others, as in this example, with distinctive features such as the strike/silent lever and style of border engraving to the backplate, a feature also used by Thwaites & Reed, another supplier of high quality movements. Both Handley and Moore were apprentices to John Thwaites in the late 18th century.
John Barwise of London, working 1790 until his death in 1842, was a well-respected maker who had 'A Regulator by him in St James's Palace' as well as examples in various museums including the Guildhall Museum. Had a shop at 29, St Martins Lane from 1790.