John Taylor & Sons, Edinburgh
John Taylor set up business as a cabinet-maker in 1825 in West Thistle Street, Edinburgh, and subsequently at 109-10, Princes Street. In 1852 as John Taylor and Son were appointed 'Cabinet-makers and Upholsterers in Ordinary to Her Majesty the Queen'. Their Rosemount Cabinet Works at Gardner's Court were established around 1857 and they continued trading from Princes Street until taken over in 1968. See An Anthology of Regional Furniture with Maker's Identification , Regional Furniture, vol. VII, p.130.