The Messrs Guéret furniture manufactory was founded by Denis Desiré (born in 1828) and Onésimus (born 1830) in 1853 at 7 rue Buffault in Paris trading as “Guéret Frères”. Subsequently trading from 5 Bvd. de la Madeleine in 1863, and thence transferring to 216 Rue Lafayette in 1870. From 1877, the company’s title became “Guéret Jeune et Cie” and its activity continued until 1900.
Examples of their work may be seen in the Musée Condé, Chantilly, Musée d'Orsay, San Francisco Museum of Fine Art and the Victorian & Albert Museum, London.