Marsh and Tatham, london
William Marsh (active 1775-1810) and Thomas Tatham (1763-1818) were partners in a very successful firm of cabinetmakers and upholsterers based in Mount Street. They carried out major commissions for the Prince of Wales at Brighton Pavilion and at Carlton House. Charles Heathcote Tatham (1772-1842), brother of Thomas, was sent to Rome by the architect Henry Holland (1745-1806) in 1794 to collect Classical fragments. Tatham's drawings of these, published as ‘Etchings of Ancient Ornamental Architecture’ in 1799-1800, provided Marsh and Tatham with the inspiration for much of their furniture.