The famous Paris firm of Monbro was founded around 1801 by Georges-Alphonse-Bonifacio Monbro (d.1884), the eldest son of ébéniste Georges-Marie-Paul-Vital-Bonifacio (d. 1841).
Monbro supplied furniture to Louis-Philippe, the Duchesse d'Aumale and the Palais de Saint-Cloud.
They exhibited at the Exposition des Produits de l'Industrie in 1844 and the Paris Exposition Universelle in 1855, displaying exceptional items incorporating Florentine pietre dure inlay.
The firm also maintained a shop in London in the 1860's at Frith Street, Soho, showing its importance at the time.
The Musée D Orsay includes in its collections examples of Monbros work.