The Blake Family are listed at 8 Stephen Street, off Tottenham Court Road, between 1826 and 1881.
Robert Blake is listed as a 'cabinet inlayer and buhl manufacturer' between 1826 and 1839. From 1842 they are listed in Kelly's as 'Blake, Geo. & Bros...' and from 1847 as 'Blake, Charles, James & Henry....'.
Little is known about the work of the Blake family. The only documented brass-inlaid pieces are a pair of commodes in the Frick Collection, Accession no. 1916.5.02/3. Other recorded Blake furniture include two pieces in wood marquetry. One is a magnificent piano at the Metropolitan Museum, New York by G.H. Blake, the other a circular table at Alnwick Castle, the seat of the Duke of Northumberland. An associated group of eight tables based on a design by Richard Bridgens in Design from Furniture and Candelabra, 1838 were made by E.H. Baldock, with marquetry attributed to Henry Blake.
Litchfield, Frederick Illustrated History of Furniture, CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2009