Robert Stewart of Glasgow
R. Stewart started in partnership with his brother, Allan as J. & R. Stewart in about 1835 but Robert was working alone by 1840.
The business started in 1835 as Allan & Robert Stewart, Clock and Watchmakers, 162 Trongate, Glasgow.
1835-6 they were J. & R. Stewart at the same address.
1840 it was R. Stewart at the address.
He was at 25 Argyle Street Glasgow 1845-56
132 Argyle Street by 1860 until at least 1890
Also at 4 Buchanan Street by 1864 until at least 1896.
122 & 134 Argyle Street 1886-1896 as goldsmith, jeweller, wholesaler and appointed silversmith to Queen Victoria.
The more modern history is not yet documented or easy to find but an e-mail has reported a finding in a library of a trade directory from Glasgow 1932/1933 listing Stewart R., goldsmith, watchmaker, diamond merchant, turret clock maker, 2-4 Buchanan St. and 122-132 Argyle St.